UNAASA Harmony Day Instillation with Andrew Baines
March 13, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm AEDTFree
– Although this is a Free Event, bookings are essential as we will have COVID restrictions in place.
– Wearing of National Costume is encouraged.
– Smoking Ceremony by Uncle Moogy.
– Be immortalised in a unique photo shoot to highlight Harmony day by international artist Andrew Baines. You will be asked if possible to wear your traditional or contemporary attire to represent your culture, while posing in different positions with a huge inflatable earth!
About Andrew Baines
Andrew Baines Artist Represented by leading commercial galleries in Australia Andrew has gained considerable international recognition for his trade mark surreal installations & inspired paintings, where he puts politicians, orchestras, live cows and hundreds of suited volunteers in the sea for photo shoots.
A finalist in over 20 art prizes, most notably twice in the Doug Moran National Portrait prize.
His paintings are in the collections of ANZ Bank Singapore, The Australian Embassy Rome Italy, Government house SA, Santos SA. Included in a European encyclopaedia of surrealism “Lexikon der Surrealisten”, also a Portuguese book on surrealism “International Surrealism Now”.
Andrew has collaborated with many organisations & luminaries to bring his projects to fruition, including the West Australian & Adelaide Symphony Orchestras, United Nations Association of Australia, Holstein Australia, Hills Holdings, the Sydney Daily Telegraph, The State Gallery of WA, Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull, Ambassador Alexander Downer & Amanda Vanstone…
Recent career Highlights:
– Andrew celebrated his 50th solo art exhibition at BMG Art Adelaide
– Commissioned to do the cover artwork for the Griffith Review 2018 Commonwealth Edition.
– Judge of the 2016 & 2017 Walkerville Art Prize
– Judge of the 2018 Goolwa Art Prize SA
– Commissioned by GOLDOC (cultural part of the commonwealth games) to create a surreal event for the 2018 Gold coast Commonwealth games